If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.If we need wisdom; when we need wisdom, we can ask God. But when we ask we must be sure that our faith is in God alone.
Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do. James 1:5-8 NLT
We have divided loyalty when we ask God for help AND try to solve the problem by looking to ourselves or to the world for help. The Bible tells that when we think and pray that way we are double-minded, and that leads to us being unstable in everything we do.
He counts the stars and calls them all by name.
How great is our Lord! His power is absolute!
If God has counted and named all the stars we can be sure that He is big enough to handle all our problems.
No divided loyalty, just complete trust and surrender.
Keeping my eyes fixed on God and His Blessings.... this week I am thankful for:
591. Beautiful spring flowers
592. The absolute beauty of God's creation
593. Developing a new worship leader and seeing his passion grow
594. College basketball - KU (Kansas University) made it to the Final Four
595. More work for my husband
596. God's provision according to His perfect timing
597. Seeing the smile on my daughter's face
598. My new iPhone 4
599. Amazing friends that God has brought into our lives
600. Finding great deals at the thrift store
601. Sitting outside and feeling the warm sun on my skin
602. Getting my first little sun tan
603. Freely receiving and giving Grace
604. Walking in the early morning hours while it's still dark and peaceful
605. The ability to love
What's on your list today?
Would you like to keep up with this blog? Sign up to get my posts emailed to your inbox right here. Or just like us on Facebook.
Multitudes on Mondays @ A Holy Experience