It can be the same way when I am spending time with God in the mornings. I look forward to that time everyday. I even get up extra early just so I can have the quiet time with Him, but even then I find that my thoughts can run to the next thing I need to do.
This morning God decided it was time to address the issue:
"Your time with Me is about more than a checked box on your list of things to do. It's about developing and nurturing a relationship with Me."I don't ever want to rush through my time with God. He can't just be something I "do" and then check off on my list. God should be part of my everyday, all day life.
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life-your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life-and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Romans 12:1 The MessageIn order to keep God in the forefront of my mind, I'm looking for His Blessings in my life. This week I'm thankful for:
531. Fun evening playing poker with wonderful friends
532. Google Music
533. A developing friendship between my husband and another great man of God
534. Dinner out with my family celebrating birthdays
535. Saturday morning spent cleaning with my awesome husband
536. Freshly cleaned carpet on my stairs, thanks to my hubby
537. Going out for lunch with my husband and daughter
538. Cheesy Syfy movies - Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus
539. God's overwhelming peace
540. Unexpected gift from an unexpected person
541. My husband and son sharing a fun Friday afternoon
542. The first real snow of the season
543 The return of The Walking Dead
544. My beautiful daughter's passion for God
545. God's reminders that He is in control and that He cares about it all. There are no "little" things with Him. He cares about every detail of our lives.
What's on your list today?
Would you like to keep up with this blog? Sign up to get my posts emailed to your inbox right here. Or just like us on Facebook.
Multitudes on Mondays @ A Holy Experience