I love the book of Romans; so many rich verses in just this one book.
For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes--the Jew first and also the Gentile. Romans 1:16
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. Romans 5:2
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. Romans 8:38
Just to list a few.
Romans 1:13 tells us that Paul wanted to go visit the church in Rome, but was prevented from doing so. Think about what this means. If Paul had been allowed to go, he would have been able to teach the people in Rome. But he wasn't allowed to go, so instead he wrote. Paul wrote a letter to the Christians in Rome, and through that letter, Paul was able to reach millions (?) of Christians.
There's something special about the written word.
Some of my most prized possessions are letters written to me by my husband back when we were dating. I've also kept a few special cards given to me by my dad. Written words make more of a lasting impression. That's why God gave us the Bible. We can hear His heart everyday through His written Word.
Counting my blessings this week:384. Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses. Have you experienced their goodness yet?
386. That God can take the smallness that I have to offer and use it for something BIG
387. A broken truck and safe son
388. The premier of a brand new magazine, Christian Women's Voice
389. Being able to share my testimony - it's all about grace.
390. Learning, growing, realizing that I can't please everyone and I don't have to.
391. A packed house at church - we had to put out more chairs
392. Hearing my husband preach
393. Silly kitties chasing each other through the house
394. Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Fuji Apple Chicken salad from Panera
395. Paul's letter to the church in Rome
What's on your list today?
Messy Mondays @ Evatt's Beautiful Mess
Multitudes on Mondays @ A Holy Experience