Sometimes we stumble with our feet, but other times we stumble with our hearts. This is what happened to some of the people of Israel. They were trying to get right with God by keeping the Law instead of by trusting in Jesus. The Word says, "They stumbled over the great rock in their path." (Romans 9:32)
This Great Rock was Jesus!
We stumble over this Rock, too, when we try so hard, in our own strength, to be good enough or holy enough. We must accept that God made the way for us through the blood of His Son, Jesus and His Grace is more than enough.
Keep your eyes fixed firmly on Jesus - then you won't have to worry about stumbling over a rock.
Continuing my list of blessings, this week I am thankful for:
396. Peppermint Mocha creamer for my coffee - yes, I like a little coffee with my creamer (smiles)
397. A few more days of work for my husband
398. Wonderful day celebrating Thanksgiving with my family
399. Scrabble game with my mom and son
400. Daddy and daughter lunch dates
401. New One Thousand Gifts app - makes counting blessings easier
402. Sleeping kitty in laundry basket
403. Playing Words with Friends
404. Seeing all my family again as we celebrated my niece's 11th birthday
405. New car for my son
406. Dinner with hubby and sons at Chipotle to celebrate new car - son's treat
407. Unconditional, unending, never failing, persistent love of my Savior
What's on your list today?
Messy Mondays @ Evatt's Beautiful Mess
Multitudes on Mondays @ A Holy Experience