After giving a speech, the people gave Herod Agrippa a great ovation, shouting, "It's the voice of a god, not of a man!" (Acts 12:22). Instantly, an angel of the Lord struck Herod with a sickness, because he accepted the people's worship instead of giving the glory to God. He was consumed with worms and died. Not a pleasant picture!
Paul and Barnabas understood that all praise and glory belong to God alone. After performing miracles in Lystra, the people decided that Paul and Barnabas must be gods. They were going to offer sacrifices to the apostles, but Paul and Barnabas quickly stopped them, pointing the people to God as the source of all healing and salvation. (Acts 14:14)
Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father. James 1:17
357. Church Fall Festival outreach for the community
358. Seeing the church work together to make the festival so successful
359. God's Amazing Grace
360. Shelter from the chilly November winds
361. Starbucks gift card
362. Going to antique malls with my hubby
363. An extra hour of sleep due to time change
364. Seeking a relationship, not just following rules
365. Knowing that never once have I ever walked alone
366. Hershey's Kisses with almonds
367. Work for my hubby
368. My youngest son, who is turning 14 years old today!
What's on your list today?
Messy Mondays @ Evatt's Beautiful Mess
Multitudes on Mondays @ A Holy Experience