I LOVE this time of year! The mornings are crisp, the days are warm, the sky is blue, and the trees - oh, I love the trees. All of nature is displaying the majesty of God.
As I was looking at the trees, I began to think about why we are able to enjoy this beautiful display of color. The trees are shutting down the production of chlorophyll to prepare for winter.
Nature understand the seasons, and everything is preparing for the coming winter. Squirrels are busy storing nuts, other animals are fattening up for hibernation, the grass is going dormant, the birds are flying south, and the leaves are falling.
Nature understand the seasons; do we?
The Son of Man could return at anytime - what are we doing to prepare? How many people have we told about Jesus? Do our families know and understand? I don't want to ignore the signs.
Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, you can know his return is very near, right at the door. Matthew 24:32-33
Continuing to count my blessing from 1 - 1000.
313. Cleaning house with my daughter.
314. Enjoying a clean house, even if it is only for a few hours
315. Angry Birds Rio - it's the little things, you know
316. Perfect fall days
317. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
318. Reading a book, outside in the beautiful sunshine
319. Chilly room and warm bed - perfect for sleeping
320. God's grace, which is enough - even for a Good Girl.
321. God's extravagant love for me.
322. Strength to remain
323. My hard working husband
324. Peaceful Saturday mornings
325. Walking here with my daughter