Of course I am not really complaining about my husband. (smiles) But there are just a few things that he does that make me say, "Um, what?" I've come to realize that the reason some of these things don't make sense to me is simply because it's not the way I would do it.
The disciples seemed to be having an "um, what?" moment in the passage of scripture:
He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of his enemies. He will be killed, but three days later he will rise from the dead.” They didn’t understand what he was saying, however, and they were afraid to ask him what he meant. Mark 9:31-31
It seems to me that Jesus was pretty clear with His words. So why didn't the disciples understand what He was saying?
Perhaps it was because what Jesus was saying didn't fit into their plans. It didn't make sense to them, so they didn't understand.
We need to remember that just because something doesn't make sense to us or it's not the way we would do it doesn't mean that it is wrong - especially when it comes to God. We don't have to understand, we just have to trust.
Continuing to count my blessing from 1 - 1000. This week I am thankful for:
301. Fun night out with friends for dinner and a movie
302. The new movie Courageous
303. Pumpkin pancakes at IHop
304. The noise of a house full of people
305. The quiet that comes after the people are gone
306. Going on a photography field trip with my daughter
307. Stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures like this
308. And this
309. The truth that Jesus cares
310. Jesus has all power and authority over everything
311. Celebrating new life with water baptisms today
312. Rest after a long day