I love my birthday. It makes me happy and I want you to be happy too. So in honor of my birthday, I'm hosting a giveaway. One blessed person will receive a copy of Grace for the Good Girl, by Emily Freeman. You can share Emily's heart everyday by reading her blog, Chatting at the Sky. Details on how to win this book will be given at the end of this post.
"God's desire is that we live in freedom and drink from the wide, deep, powerful River of Life. The masks we hide behind keep us from experiencing the fullness of life the way we were meant to live it."
I wanted to read Grace for the Good Girl because it seemed like everyone else was reading it. Several of the blogs I follow had mentioned this book and I wanted to be cool like them (smiles), but it turns out that God wanted me to read this book.
I got saved when I was five and grew up in the church - if the church doors were open, we were there. Being the oldest of four children, I was always the responsible one and never got in any real trouble growing up. My parents could count on me because I was the good girl. Maybe you can relate.
From the moment I started reading Grace for the Good Girl, I felt life Emily was writing my story. I didn't even realize I was hiding behind masks - the masks of strong and responsible, the masks of performance and self-dependence. Through her words, God has been revealing that His grace is enough and available, even for me.
To enter to win a copy of Grace for the Good Girl, just leave a comment on this post. For additional entries:
- Follow A Moment with God through Google Connect or email subscription, then leave a comment here.
- "Like" A Moment with God on Facebook, then leave a comment here.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook, then leave a comment here.
- Tweet about this giveaway, then leave a comment here.
Continuing my list of blessings:
327. Sunday afternoon naps
328. Season premier of The Walking Dead
329. Opportunities to minister through Facebook
331. Awesome worship service
332. My fireplace
333. Cooler weather
334. Opening up my heart to God more everyday
335. Friends that aren't afraid to speak the truth to me
336. My birthday tomorrow
A free copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher, in exchange for my honest review of the book.