Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers! Matthew 7:21-23
There are three questions we need to ask ourselves after reading this passage:
Does the way I live my life reflect to God and to others what I say I believe? In other words, does my "say" equal my "do"? James 2:14-16 tells us that our actions should show the change taking place in our hearts.
Do I believe I am on the right road just because of what I have done? Good deeds alone are not enough. In the above passage, Jesus was saying that acts without relationship are meaningless.
Do I know Jesus and does He know me? How can we expect to spend eternity with someone we don't know? The ultimate question is this: Do I love Jesus Christ and does my life reflect that?
Jesus wants completely committed followers. He doesn't believe in moderation; it's all or nothing with Him.
Continuing my list with Ann and others at A Holy Experience:
276. Beautiful fall weather
277. Rainy Sunday afternoons - perfect for napping
278. Fun time at the arcade with my husband and son
279. Sleeping through the night, two nights in a row
280. Hubby back to work - God just keeps blessing
281. New clothes
282. Fun shopping with my daughter
283. New Bible study with my sweet sisters
284. Getting to use my fireplace for the first time
285. Quiet evenings with husband and son working on models
286. IHOP pancakes - yum!
287. Watching my husband grow in his role as Pastor
288. Playing Scrabble with friends I have never met
289. Great online Parallel Bible