God doesn't want us to be happy. He wants us to be more than happy; God wants us to be blessed.
Blessed is the one who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands.
Being thankful doesn't come naturally for me. Maybe it doesn't come naturally for anyone. All I know is that the week can go by without me noticing the little blessings in my life. Of course I notice the big blessings, like the $10,000 check we received in the mail. (That didn't happen, but you get my point). We are usually quick to acknowledge that the new car, good health report and better job are gifts from God. But God's blessings are all around. Every breath I take is a gift from Him. Because I know that focusing on my blessings keeps my heart from becoming bitter, I've started making a list of 7 blessings for everyday. Here are some of the blessings I recorded:
193. Afternoons watching cheesy movies on Syfy with my husband and son.
194. Reminder that I was made for the King and His love makes me whole.
195. Shopping with my husband
196. Money to buy groceries
197. Fresh salad for dinner
198. Being current on the bills
199. Talking with my sweet sisters in Christ
200. Yummy chicken salad wraps
201. Celebrating one year of blogging
202. Husband home from work all week
203. Sleeping later in the mornings - because hubby is home
204. Not worrying about money even though hubby did not work all week.
205. Blueberry flavored coffee
206. Quick fix for a printer problem
207. Cooler temperatures
208. Sunday afternoon thunderstorm
209. Fun fellowship at the church picnic
210. A beautiful piece of furniture built by my hubby - made possible by the fact that he wasn't working last week.
Are you counting your blessings?
Linking up with: