Fan: an enthusiastic admirer
A fan wants all the benefits of a relationship with Jesus, without any sacrifice. The crowds of people that Jesus fed, healed and taught were mainly just fans. Most of them followed Him because they wanted something from Him. They praised Him as long as it was easy, but ran away when the going got tough.
Being a follower of Jesus isn't easy.
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24
I want to be a follower of Jesus, but I know there are days when I live as just a fan.
Are you a follower or just a fan?
Continuing my list of blessings and linking up with A Holy Experience
162. Getting to worship with old friends
163. Lunch with old friends
164. Vacation Bible School
165. The sacrifice and service of our military
166. Nighttime thunder storms
168. Vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and nuts
169. Fresh, safe drinking water
170. Ministering to a friend in need
171. Having that friend minister to me
172. Interrupted plans
173. Pandora Radio
174. The faithfulness of God displayed in His creation
175. Watching the sun rise over the trees on this beautiful Monday morning